🗣️ Minimal Intro
A shitty stir-fry-esque meal of meat + carrots + cabbage, other veggies/rice are optional additions to make it last longer. This recipe can be extra quick if your local grocery store sells pre-shredded bags of carrots & cabbage.
⏲️ Time to First Bite (20 mins)
About 20 mins.
- ~10 mins to cook the meat
- Any extra veggie prep can happen in parallel
- ~10 mins to cook down the veggies
🍳 Dishes Needed (1)
- 1 Pan
- (Not counted) 1 bowl to eat out of
🚫 Number of Meals I Don’t Have to Cook
- 6-8 adult servings
- 10+ if you extend it with rice
🍠 Ingredients (min. 3)
- 🍗 Protein (Ground turkey, cubed chicken, etc.) (1-2lbs)
- 🥕 Shredded carrots (1/2 bag)
- 🥬 Shredded cabbage (A lot)
- This cooks down, hard to go overboard here. Trader Joe’s sells it in a pre-shredded bag, check your local grocery store.
- (Optional) Sauce - soy sauce is a good default, I also like the Trader Joe’s Soyaki. Hard to pick a bad sauce, so go wild.
- (Optional) 🍚 Rice
- (Optional) Other veggies
- 🍄 Mushrooms
- (? Try something new!)
- (Optional) Start the rice
- Heat your pan on Med-High heat with a little oil.
- Cook the meat in your 1 pan
- If you are adding extra veggies, chop them while this is happening.
- Once it’s not pink anymore, put it in a second bowl (the one you’re going to end up eating out of remember??)
- Now throw all your veggies in the pan, throw some sauce on top, and let it cook down for ~10 mins
- Then throw your meat back in the pan with veggies, add some more sauce, and cook until it’s all warmed up and ready to eat.
- 🤑 Eat!